Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Babe Says Good Bye


The Babe Saying Goodbye
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches
oil on 140# watercolor paper

As a long time baseball fan, especially the, "good ole days," (before steroids and other body enhancing drugs, became part of the game) I thought this week might be a good time to bring, Babe Ruth back for a bow. This depicts him in June 1948, when the ailing, Sultan of Swat, said farewell to fans in Yankee Stadium. He died of cancer at the age of 53, two months later.

This is my first baseball painting, but I think I will do more. I enjoyed painting it, and the memories it brought back, of the millions of hours of my youth spent playing the game.

This was painted using a palette knife.


Click here to see the paintings I currently have on eBay. (Including this one.)

Click here to go to Bill Brauker Art

Click here to go to my blog

1 comment:

Caren said...

Nice loose painting, Bill. I like baseball, too.

Glad you are back painting!

Caren