Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Barn

The Barn
Oil on wood panel
5 x 7 inches


This painting has a lot of sentimental value to me because it is of the barn at my Grandma Brauker's, that my brothers and sister and I used to play in as children. We call it Grandma's barn, because my grandfather died before we were born, so we never knew him. My grandmother and Uncle Chuck lived together on the farm near Coldwater, Michigan. I have painted, kind of an idolized version of it. The way I remember it, not as it is now in it's dilapidated state. (See photo below.) After my gandmother and uncle died, the farm was sold and eventually the house was torn down, but the barn still stands. (Just barely.)


This is my grandmother, Clara (Langohr) Brauker,
and my grandfather, Glenn Brauker, on their
wedding day, Oct. 6, 1917. That is the barn
in the background.

This photo of the barn was taken last summer
by my sister, Robin Walling.

Click here to go to Bill Brauker Art

1 comment:

IAA said...

What great detail for such a tiny painting! I love love it.
Thanks for coming to check my blog out, I'll keep coming back to check up on yours...I know I enjoy comments, don't you?