Thursday, March 27, 2008

First Light

First Light
Oil on wood panel
5 x 7 inches

About three hundred yards from my house is a lake, named, The Pond. (It is bigger than a pond, so I'm not sure why they didn't call it, The Lake, but it was done years ago, so I am not going to fight it now.) I go over there quite often to take photos as the light changes on the water and the mountains. This was one early morn a few weeks ago, at first light. The large mountain on the left is Mt. Evans, (14,240 feet) one of 54 peaks in Colorado over 14,000 feet. There is a paved road all the way to to top. The highest paved road in America. It is a wonderful drive, but with no guard rails, a narrow road in spots, and very steep drop offs, it is a thrill ride at times.

Click here to purchase this painting.

Click here to see the paintings I may currently have on eBay.

Click here to go to Bill Brauker Art

No comments: