Sunday, February 15, 2009

Beached Beauty


Beached Beauty
8 x 10 inches
Oil on wood panel

It is deep in the heart of winter in most areas, so I thought it was time to come up with something a little warmer.

I lived in Hawaii for six years, and loved going to the beach. The sun shinning brightly, the trade winds in your face, the waves rolling onto a strip of perfect sand, oh how I miss it sometimes. So with this one, I tried to come up with the ultimate beach fantasy, a beached beauty.

I have tried hard with this photo, but can't get it to exactly match the painting. The blue water on the left is actually more turquoise.




Below is a detailed view. Click the photo to enlarge it.


Click here to see the paintings I currently have on eBay, including this one.

4 comments:

Irene Rencsi said...

Great painting, Bill! I love your beaches! The colours are wonderful!

Perform said...

That IS a great painting, Bill! And the colors ARE wonderful! Ditto everything Irene said :)

Barbara Pask said...

Lovely Bill, the color of the water is wonderful.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I like the design of this piece with the combination of warm and cool.