Friday, January 2, 2009

Portrait of a Lady

Portrait of a Lady
8 x 10 inches
Oil on wood panel.
NFS

This is my portrait for the end of the year challenge, on Karin Jurick's blog, "Different Strokes from Different Folks." We were all asked to send in a photo of ourselves, then Karin paired us up with another artist who would be doing our portrait. I was quite nervous about it because it is the first time I have done a portrait of someone who would actually see the painting. In the past couple of years, I have done a couple of small portraits based on photos I liked, but this was different. I was lucky enough to end up with this lovely lady, with the Mona Lisa smile. I hope she likes it.

Now I know that this is Theresa Rankin. It was a pleasure to paint her.



Here is my portrait, painted by, Theresa Rankin, a terrific painter, who did a wonderful job with this. I really like it. Thank you Theresa.

Click here to go to Bill Brauker Art

10 comments:

Vern Schwarz said...

Beautiful painting Bill. It has very soft and warm feel that I am sure this lovely gal is going to love.

dominique eichi said...

Great feel.

Ashleigh said...

I love her modest smile...it came out wonderful!

Art By Erika said...

Ahh that's a dear friend Theresa Rankin! You've done a nice job Bill!

VickiRossArt said...

Bill, you pulled a great one to paint! Theresa really is a Mona Lisa, a fabulous artist (and anything else she puts her mind to)...and is also a great teacher!

Carol Feldman said...

Wow. Nice painting here!

THEARTBRUSH said...

Hi Bill
What a great way to get to know your friends. - great job.
Pete,theartbrush

Theresa Rankin said...

Thank you Bill for the lovely piece you painted and my "Mona Lisa" smile!! I am always in awe to see everybody's work! I am also glad you liked yours and recognized it immediately!

Carol Horzempa said...

Bill......beautiful painting! I love her 'Mona Lisa smile."
Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comment.

SharonWrightArtist said...

Hi Bill, your painting of Theresa is lovely, so feminine and gentle, glorious. And yours depicts you just as I see you, a gentleman, in every sense.
Thanks for following my blog, now that gives me a buzz!